ADSL Service Appendix
- This Appendix:
- sets out the terms of the ADSL service (“ADSL Service“).
- is subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
- This Appendix:
ADSL shall be used to describe the ADSL, ADSL Max, ADSL Max Office, ADSL2 & ADSL2 – Annex M, FTTC, FTTC Office, FTTP services unless specified otherwise
ADSL Service Price List (“Price List”) is the list of prices and Service descriptions available from the relevant section of the Trunk website.
A Bonded ADSL Service is the combining of multiple ADSL Services to create the appearance of a single Internet connection.
Download is the data transferred from the Internet to the Customer and shall be measured in Megabits per second (Mb/s).
Upload is the data transferred from the Customer to the Internet and shall be measured in Megabits per second (Mb/s) or Kilobits per second (Kb/s).
- THE SERVICE
- The ADSL Service shall provide a data connection from the premises specified in the Order to the Internet at the following maximum speeds:
- ADSL Max – up to 8Mb/s Download and 440Kb/s Upload
- ADSL Max Office – up to 8Mb/s Download and 880Kb/s Upload
- ADSL2 – up to 20Mb/s Download and 1.3Mb/s Upload
- ADSL2 – Annex M – up to 20Mb/s Download and 2.5Mb/s Upload
- FTTC – up to 40Mb/s Download and 10Mb/s Upload
- FTTC Office – up to 80Mb/s Download and 20Mb/s Upload
- FTTP – up to 80Mb/s Download and 20Mb/s Upload
- The Managed ADSL Service shall provide the same service as detailed in 3.1 however Trunk shall be responsible for the initial supply and the on going configuration of the ADSL connection equipment for the duration of the Term
- The speeds detailed in paragraph 3.1 are theoretical maximum speeds. Exact speeds will depend on the Customer’s distance from their local telephone exchange or cabinet. quality of the telephone cable used to reach their premises and other technical factors.
- Each ADSL Service will have a data allowance as described in the Price List. Any data transferred that exceeds this allowance will be deemed to be excess bandwidth (“Excess Bandwidth“) and will be subject to an Excess Bandwidth charge as shown in the Price List. The data allowance for a Bonded ADSL Service will be the sum of the data allowances of each component ADSL Service.
- The initial Term of the ADSL Service will be 12 months. Thereafter the ADSL Service shall continue for periods of 30 days unless and until terminated by either Party on not less than 30 days notice.
- The Service Commencement Date will be advised by us following the processing and acceptance of the Order.
- Charges & Payment Profile
- The ADSL Service will be charged monthly in advance by electronic invoice at the rate shown in the Order (Subject always to clause 3.3 of the Agreement).
- The first invoice will be raised once the Order for the provision of the ADSL Service has been accepted by Trunk and shall include any set up or activation Charges as detailed in the Order.
- In the first month, two invoices shall be raised: one for the current month, which shall be paid in arrears and one for the following month, which shall be paid in advance. Each subsequent month shall be charged monthly in advance.
- Excess Bandwidth charges will be charged monthly in arrears.
- Customer Responsibilities
- The Customer is responsible for the provision of the telephone service that the ADSL Service is provided over, its maintenance and any charges associated with this.
- To avoid interference to the Customer’s phone service, suitable filters must be installed by the Customer to all phone points within the Customer’s premises.
- The Customer shall ensure that suitable ADSL connection equipment, such as a modem or router is used to connect to the ADSL Service.
- The Customer shall provide Trunk with all reasonable requested assistance to enable Trunk to provide and maintain the ADSL Service including, where necessary, access to the Customer’s premises and personnel.
- The Customer shall operate any equipment connected to the ADSL Service with all due skill and care, correctly in accordance with the relevant operating manuals, documentation or any reasonable instructions from Trunk.