Who We Are
Using The Information You Provide
- We would like to use your contact details to contact you about our products and services that we think you might be interested in. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way please check the “No please do not contact me” box on the new account registration form.
- We would like to use your contact details to contact you about our products and services that we think might be of interest to you. If you would like to be kept up to date in this way please check the “Yes please contact me with updates and special offers” box when you fill in your details.
- You can also contact us at any time to ask us not to use your personal data in this way by e-mailing email@example.com.
Collection of Information
We collect the information you provide to us through this website, together with information we learn from your use of the website, the goods and services you order and third party website you access through this website.
We will never collect sensitive information about you (that is, information concerning your religion, beliefs, criminal record, health or sexuality) without your explicit consent.
Use of Information
We will use this information for the following purposes:-
- to administer your user account;
- to process any request for advice or information;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
If we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose your information to the buyer or seller of the assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your information will be one of the assets transferred. We will not pass your information on to anyone else unless allowed or required by law.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type to enable certain features of the website to work, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a small file of letters and numbers (known as a cookie) which is stored on the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us to assess how you use our website and also how we can improve our website. This means we have the information we need to regularly evaluate whether our website meets your needs. Some of the cookies we use improve functionality of our website, so if you choose to disable cookies on your browser, you might find that you can’t access some aspects of our website, or that parts of the website don’t function in the way you might expect them to.
Cookies can help us to:
- remember login details;
- remember goods that have been clicked for purchase so they are added to basket; and
- We currently use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
They also enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies that we use and if this page does not answer all of your queries you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our cookies do not store information which could identify you personally, such as your contact details.
We use :-
- strictly necessary cookies which are required for the operation of the site including for logging in or paying for goods or services;
- analytical/performance cookies, which recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the site; and
- functionality cookies which are used to recognise you when you return to the site and enable content to be personalised for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
For more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them please see the table below:
|COOKIE NAME||DEFAULT EXPIRATION TIME||DESCRIPTION|
||End of browser session||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the
||2 years from set/update||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the
The information set out above, relates to the cookies that we set on our website. In addition to these cookies, our website also uses third party cookies which are set by a domain other than our website.
Our website uses third party cookies from:
If you require further information about what those cookies are or how they are used, you should contact those providers directly.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to do so. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access or use certain parts of our site. If you would like further information please contact email@example.com.
Storage and Security
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to access your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and, after we have confirmed your identity, we will provide the information. We may charge you a fee of up to £10 to cover our costs of providing the information.
If you believe that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or if you wish us to stop processing your information for any particular purpose or at all please use our contact us page.